Summers can be cruel; they drain the energy out of you and spoil your mood. At times, you want to go outside, get some fresh air, or enjoy a picnic with your family, but you can’t because it’s too hot outdoors.
What do you do when you can’t go anywhere, nor do you want to stay indoors? Super annoying, right? A refreshing outdoor splash is a perfect answer. Yes, you guessed it right, the swimming pool – your knight in shining armor. Or should I say, a knight in a swimsuit?
Jokes apart, a swimming pool is ideal for cooling off on hot summer days and spend some quality time with friends and family. However, you need to be wary of the safety hazards and what it takes to maintain a swimming pool.
If you can invest in residential fencing, why would you think about saving a few bucks on pool fencing? In this blog, we will discuss why you should opt for pool fencing.
Benefits of a pool fence
- Increased safety – More than adults, children are the ones who need protection around a swimming pool. All of us understand and agree that parents can’t supervise their children and pets 24/7. A pool fence does not guarantee child or pet protection, but it indeed adds a layer of protection.
If you have a pool fence installed at your property, ensure that it is at least 4 feet tall so that pets or little kids can’t crawl over it and jump into the pool. If you invest in a mesh pool fence, find a self-latching one that you can lock. It provides much-needed security and comfort.
- Reduces accidents – Every year, around 236,000 people worldwide die of drowning every year. Installing a pool fence in your backyard minimizes the chances of accidents. There is a strong correlation between age and drowning accidents. The highest drowning rates are among children in the age group of 1-4, followed by those in the 5-9 age group. Considering these risks, it would be an excellent decision to invest in a pool fence.
- Robust investment – The average cost of a pool fence, including installation, is between $1,500 – $2,500. Of course, you can get creative and choose different materials; the price can go up to $15,000 in that case. The higher-priced ones are for those who want something exquisite, but we have to agree that $1,500 will suffice for most people. The protection that comes with it is worth the investment. After all, no amount of money is worth more than life.
- Customization – A pool fence that looks great but isn’t durable is of no use. Along with aesthetics, a pool fence should fulfill the purpose for which it is being installed. Whatever the purpose may be, you can find countless options for your pool fence. The sheer variety of materials like glass, mesh, wood, vinyl, steel, aluminum, wrought iron will leave you speechless. Considering your property’s location, local weather, and requirements, you need to choose a pool fence of the appropriate size and shape.
- Functionality – Pool fences should embrace functionality, durability, and versatility. If you live in a windy area, wooden or barbed wire fences may not serve the purpose. In that case, a wrought iron or steel fence would be ideal. Some people install glass fencing, which may look good, but they are not easy to clean or remove. Choose your fencing carefully.
- Compliance with the law – Installing a pool fence is mandatory in some jurisdictions, or if not compulsory, it could be a part of the municipal code affecting your property’s sale. Check with your local authorities if a pool fence installation is a legal requirement. Whether it’s a legal requirement or not, always remember that your family’s safety must be a top priority.
- Keeps off unwanted visitors – A private swimming pool in your backyard is supposed to be personal, not for the community. If you intend to keep it that way, install a pool fence. A pool fence keeps off unwanted visitors, be it animals or humans.
- Insurance discount – Depending on the policy’s terms, a pool fence can get you a discount on your homeowner’s insurance. On most occasions, you need to install a pool fence with a bolted gate to qualify. Either way, you will install a pool fence for your family’s safety, the insurance discount will be the icing on the cake.
Installing a pool fence at your home appreciates the property value. Along with the aesthetics, it decreases the new owner’s responsibility. It also says a lot about how you value your home, indicating that the house is in excellent condition. As a homeowner in the Cayman Islands, I, too, wanted an attractive pool fence at my home. I contacted a company that specializes in metal fabrication services in the Cayman Islands. Thanks to them, I have a great fence that everyone loves, including my family and friends.